Gabriella (Gabby) Price
- Age: 11
- Parents: Marc and Michelle Price
- Siblings: Jadon (8) and Shane (6)
- Favorite Food: Steak, Mom’s homemade chicken cutlet, and yellow rice, and Grandma’s Matzo ball soup
- Horoscope Sign: Gemini
Easter Bowl 2015
Who is Gabby?
- Full of life, energy, and heart.
- True model of determination.
- Enjoys sports (soccer, basketball, gymnastics, baseball, etc.).
- True passion is winning at everything she does.
- Competitive spirit.
- Attentive- You get in what you put out.
- At the age of 4 Gabby started playing tennis, demonstrating high levels of concentration.
- A simple 11 year old girl that likes to hang out with her friends, have sleepovers, go to the beach, and just chill and relax.
First encounter with Tennis
- Her father, Marc was an athlete who played tennis competitively for years. He says, “It’s time to give her a racquet and see what happens.” So at age 4 he takes little Gabby to the tennis court and teaches her how to swing and grip the racquet correctly. He wanted to see if Gabby has what it takes to play the difficult sport of tennis.
- In order to determine if he should pursue tennis as a sport he fed a ball in her direction and she hit a laser toward his head. This incident established Marc and Michelle to put time and effort into developing Gabby’s skill level in tennis.
- Marc plays tennis with Gabby daily for over a half an hour every day.
- Jacqui Guy recommends to visit high profile coach Rick Macci in Florida.
- Rick Macci coached Venus and Serena Williams, Jennifer Capriati, and Andy Roddick. After evaluation of Gabby by Macci, he saw she had unlimited potential.
- Coach Macci confirmed what Marc and Michelle knew about Gabby's ability and they made a quality decision to make sure she received the best training.
- Gabby was trained under Coach Macci in Florida and the sessions were reinforced in New York under her father, Marc.
- Gabby progressed rapidly.
- In 2016 received a full sponsorship w Nike, is competing in ITF under 18 events now.
- At age 6, Gabby starts participating in tournaments and competing with children 9-10 years old.
- Competes against children 3 and 4 years older than herself.
- At age 6 she was the youngest player to receive a full sponsorship from HEAD Racquets.
- Moved up the ranks in the USTA.
- In the United States moved up to rank #2 in the under 12 division.
- She is sponsored by Athletic DNA clothing company.
- She received a tennis scholarship at John McEnroe Tennis Academy in Randalls' Island, NY. She beat out 250 girls to win a free training scholarship when she was just 6.
- She is training full time in Florida under Rick Macci and her Dad. Her Mother and brothers are by her side supporting her every step of the way.
- She is currently competing in the USTA National Girls 12-14 Age Group.
- Gabby wants to be the # 1 player on the WTA.
- She competes like a tiger even though she's younger than everybody else. Her heart and desire are bigger than anyone could have imagined. She doesn't allow anything to get in her way. She knew what she wanted from a very young age, and nothing and nobody was gonna stop her from making her dream a reality.